Think Bigger. Act Bolder. Make a Positive Impact.
In order to do this, a young person needs the opportunity to learn how and Parish has established itself through ParishLeads as a model school in providing each and every student exposure to the language and behavior of leaders.
We recognize, however, that some of our oldest students might have a deeper interest in leadership and wish to elevate their study and application of leadership to a higher level. From that realization was born the Leadership Institute, a program of ParishLeads.
The Leadership Institute has been designed to prepare its Upper School participants to make a positive impact by:
- Building a deeper self-awareness of their talents and passions
- Sharpening their skills for inspiring and enabling themselves and others to think bigger and act bolder
- Identifying how they can use their talents, passions and leadership skills to achieve lasting results
Students accepted into the Leadership Institute during their freshman year commit to three years of leadership coursework, experiential activities and projects.
The Leadership Institute features:
Leadership Institute Coursework is designed to:
- develop a personal vision
- practice setting and achieving personal and group goals
- experience facilitating team tasks
Leadership Institute Workshops feature:
- personality strength assessments
- emotional intelligence training
- conflict mediation skills
Leadership Institute Students are matched with a Professional Leader Mentor, forming a relationship that affords learning from a “real world” sponsor and access to a professional network.
There is a culminating “LEAD” project in which the student identifies an opportunity/need in a market or community then initiates, improves and/or moves a project in significant and measureable terms. During the LEAD project, students learn how to use their natural talents, skills and passions to solve complex problems and propose unique solutions to important business, social or global issues.