As originally announced in December with the visit of The Perot Museum of Nature and Science CEO Colleen Walker, Parish Episcopal is honored to host the 7th Annual North Texas FIRST® LEGO® League Championship Robotics Tournament on Saturday, February 14, 2015. With 56 teams invited to the championship event, and approximately 500 robotics students from across North Texas, it is sure to be a day of excitement and fun! Whether you are a parent, sibling or visitor, we welcome you to our campus for the competition and look forward to celebrating the creativity, innovation and passion of all the participants, including Parish's own 6th grade team.
Parish's 6th grade team, also known as the Jr. Narwhals, has been working since August to prepare for a qualifying event in December and for this weekend. During the qualifying event at UTD, the Jr. Narwhals were awarded the “Core Values” trophy. This award is given to the team who displays extraordinary spirit, strong teamwork and respect toward each other and other teams. In preparation for Saturday's events, team members Patrick D., Mackenzie H., Cole H. and Aidan J., have designed, built and programmed an autonomous LEGO robot to navigate a robot game, researched and prepared a research project, and honed their teamwork skills.
Come out on Saturday 2/14 and show your support for Parish Robotics and cheer on the Jr. Narwhals.
To the right you'll find a schedule of events for the day. There will also be fun family activities offered by exhibitors and sponsors, available to all teams in the School’s atrium.
A few things to remember as a spectator and/or a participant:
- The Robot Competition Area, Pit Area and Judging Rooms are designated for team members and coaches only.
- Parents, educators and other visitors will not be permitted in these areas. Spectators are welcome in all other areas.
- As teams compete, please be mindful to not use flash photography near the Robot Competition tables. Flash bulbs could potentially interfere with any robot programmed using the light sensor module.
- As you observe the competition, please cheer for teams respectfully. Spectators who do not follow the FIRST® guidelines of Gracious Professionalism and Core Values may be asked to leave the competition.
- FIRST®, the Perot Museum of Nature and Science, Parish Episcopal School and the FLL Committee staff are not responsible for team valuables. Please protect your valuable computers by assigning someone to watch over your area.