Legacy Families & Events
Parish’s Legacy program gives students in 1st through 12th grade, as well as faculty and staff, a unique opportunity to regularly connect with one another in what we call Legacy Families. Just as our close-knit, open-minded community sets us apart from other schools, so does our Legacy program.
Parish Legacy represents an innovative way to:
- create shared experiences for our students to interact, build camaraderie and develop mentoring relationships.
- provide opportunities for faculty and staff to connect with one another and with students they don’t ordinarily interact with.
- promote unity and encourage every individual to become a vested member of our community.
- enhance our understanding of and appreciation for Parish’s rich heritage and history.
- serve others in the Dallas/Fort Worth community.
- develop leadership and communication skills.
Students, faculty and staff are divided into cross-divisional groups of approximately 20 people. For example, a Legacy group might have students from 1st, 4th, 7th and 10th grade, as well as three faculty and staff members.
Legacy events occur three times a year on the Midway Campus, with Upper School students leading and facilitating each group. Activities vary from event to event, but revolve around three key themes:
- Panther pride and spirit
- Parish heritage and history
- Service to others
Legacy groups stay together from year to year with the same individuals in each group, creating mini-families within the larger Parish community.