Academy of Global Studies
The Academy of Global Studies establishes a vigorous, outcomes-based academic program to complement our Advanced Placement and College-prep paths. It offers a more tailored learning experience for students who are eager to pursue study in an area of particular interest.
The AGS is comprised of 4 core components: course-work, community service, co-curricular experiences and a capstone project.
Participation in the AGS:
- Increases education in global affairs.
- Aligns the critical thinking skills required when dealing with the rapidly changing 21st century world.
- Helps master a proficiency of interpretations and research necessary for learning how to effectively contribute to the building of a sound future for us all.
- Provides significant opportunities to partner with organizations such as the World Affairs Council; local universities; international school partners; and a host of other educational resources.
- Serves as incentive when looking for a unique Upper School academic experience.
Learn more about AGS from Dave Monaco's Spring 2012 Looking Ahead Session.
Frederick Hotz, Ph.D. | Director of the Academy of Global Studies